Rates & Insurance
I am an in-network provider with Blue Cross Blue Shield including Regence and Premera. I do not accept any other insurance at this time.
Many insurance companies, however, may reimburse for some or most of the cost of out-of-network nutrition services. I can provide you with a superbill (a receipt of services) that you can give to your insurance if you have out-of-network benefits although you will be responsible for paying for services at the time of the appointment. It is your responsibility to know what your benefits are before paying for services.
*See the bottom of this page for questions to ask your insurance to verify your benefits
*Note – Payment is due at the time of the appointment.
Free Initial Phone Call
15 min / Free
If you have any questions, we can schedule a phone call to discuss what you’re looking for to see if working together may be a fit.
60-75 min / $170
In your first visit, I will gather a history of any information that is important to know in working with you. This includes understanding your current and past eating patterns, medical history, mental health history, and any other additional information that will help me to best support you.
45-60 min / $130
Follow-up appointments are designed as a space to check in at a frequency that makes sense for your needs; this may be weekly, every other week, or monthly. I will provide you with nutrition education and counseling to support you in setting specific goals.
– To increase access to care, I offer a limited number of sliding scale appointments. Please contact me for more information. –
Questions to ask your insurance to verify benefits:
- Do I have coverage for out-of-network, outpatient nutrition counseling?
- Procedure codes 97802 and 97803
- Are there limitations on what diagnoses are covered?
- If yes, is the diagnosis code Z71.3 for dietary counseling and surveillance covered?
- Do I have to meet a deductible before I receive insurance reimbursement?
- If so, how much is my deductible?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care provider?
- How many sessions are covered?
- Are services covered when conducted via telehealth?
You can also ask for the reference number for the phone call from the customer service representative and note the date you contacted your insurance. This information can be used if you ever need to dispute a claim.
New Leaf Nutrition Counseling
Lydia@new-leaf-nutrition.com | 209-732-0292